Shadow Man

Shadow Man - Cody McFadyen Interesting enough, although I guessed the identity of the unsub very early on. It was too obvious in my opinion. I honestly thought the story was way too far fetched. The typical scenario of an FBI agent being as much of a victim as anyone else, fighting their own demons and becoming the hero in the end. Boring. I hated the unrealistic self-talk of the protagonist and stupid one-liners of her and her colleagues. Has McFadyen actually spent any time at all with law enforcement people? As for the antagonist, I loved the brutality. Not that I'm for criminals, but if you're going to be a murderous serial killer, then you may as well be one as vicious as this one. Until I read the word "cock" in this novel, I wasn't sure of the author's gender (I didn't read the pre-story writing). To be honest, I don't know why a male author wrote the way he did about the protagonist. I could understand a female feminist writing this way to make the hero tough and overcoming all obstacles, but.......